Monday, February 21, 2011

Honey Garlic Pork




kooktocook | March 28, 2007 | 42 likes, 1 dislikes
Episode 38

Category:
Howto & Style

Tags:
kooktocookktccutsofporkChinesesweetgarlichoneysoysoyasauceAsiankitchenfoodieoneminutecookingshowlessonfoodrecipesrecipecuisinegourmetingredientsseasoningseasonatorkookcook

Link to this comment: Share to:
Uploader Comments (kooktocook)
I just made this and it works really well except for the thickening, I think I may have used too much water. So I dissolved a bit of cornstarch in cold water and added it to the boiling pot. The sauce thickened instantly. I'm eating it now. I would recommend it with rice instead of chow mein, which is what I have at the moment. The chow mein contrasts too much with the sweetness of the pork. But an excellent recipe for sure!
ChristianInHollywood 1 day ago
Reply
ShareRemoveFlag for spamBlock UserUnblock User@ChristianInHollywood Hello! The cornstarch will do the trick. More honey will thicken it up a bit too. The sauce should thickem as it is boiled/ simmer. Yep, too much water and it will take forever.

I enjoy it with the rice. We also like a veggie stir-fry with it too. As anything, next time around will be perfect. Thanks for the feedback/ thoughts. cheers! KtC
kooktocook 1 day ago
looks like Adobo to me :)
lllHanzolll 1 week ago
@lllHanzolll Similar I suppose but a bit different as this thickens up. The recipe here is similar for Garlic Spareribs. I have an Adobo chicken posted and the ribs too. cheers, KtC
kooktocook 1 week ago

No comments: